If you’re wondering why your Apple Carplay isn’t working, you’re not alone. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most common reasons why this happens and what you can do to fix it.
Checkout this video:
Check if your phone is on the list of supported devices
Before you use apple carplay you need an iPhone that supports the feature. Check the list of supported vehicles and aftermarket systems on the Apple website to see if your car or stereo is compatible.
As of iOS 14, the following iPhones support CarPlay:
-iPhone 12, 11, and XR
-iPhone SE (2nd generation)
-iPhone XS and XS Max
-iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
-iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
If your iPhone isn’t on the list, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it won’t work with CarPlay — it just means that it hasn’t been officially tested by Apple. In some cases, you may be able to use an older iPhone with CarPlay by connecting it to a compatible aftermarket system in your car.
Check if your car is on the list of supported vehicles
First, check if your car is on the list of supported vehicles. If it is, then check to see if your car has the latest software update. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to update your car’s software. To do this, check your car’s manual or contact your car’s manufacturer.
If your car is on the list of supported vehicles and has the latest software update, but Apple Carplay still isn’t working, try restarting your iPhone and your car. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your iPhone’s network settings. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Check that your car’s software is up to date
Carriers are constantly rolling out updates for their networks, which can add new features and improve performance. To find out if a carrier update is available, connect your iPhone to your car, then go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.
Check that your phone’s software is up to date
To use CarPlay, you need an iPhone that iOS 8.0 or later. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to your car:
– In some cars, you might need to set up CarPlay manually. If so, follow the instructions that came with your car.
– If you have an iPhone with a Lightning connector, plug it into the USB port in your car. If you have an iPhone with a 30-pin connector, plug it into the 30-pin port in your car.
– The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
If you can’t use CarPlay because of iPhone restrictions, learn about Jailbreaking to get around those restrictions.
Try restarting your phone
If you’re having trouble with Apple Carplay, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your phone is connected to your car’s infotainment system. If it is, try restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your car’s infotainment system. Often times, this will fix the problem.
If you’re still having trouble, there are a few settings on your phone that you can check. First, go to settings app and then select “General.” From there, select “CarPlay” and make sure that it is turned on. Additionally, make sure that the “Do Not Disturb While Driving” setting is not turned on. This setting will prevent CarPlay working properly
If you’ve tried all of these things and CarPlay still isn’t working, the best thing to do contact apple support or take your car to a dealership for further assistance.
Try restarting your car
If you’re having trouble with CarPlay,start by restarting your iPhone, then try restarting your car. If that doesn’t work, then follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS.
2. Check for updates to your car’s software.
3. Make sure that CarPlay is turned on in your car’s system settings.
4. If you have an aftermarket head unit, make sure that it’s compatible with CarPlay.
5. Make sure that your USB cable is properly connected to your iPhone and your car’s USB port.
6. Try using a different USB port in your car, if available.
7. Try using a different Lightning cable, if available.
8. If you’re using an iPhone with a case, make sure that the case doesn’t block the lightning connector
Unpair and then repair your phone to your car
If you’using ios 11 or later and your phone is connected to your car via Bluetooth, you might not be able to useCarPlay. To fix this problem, unpair your phone from your car and then pair it again.
1. Open settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap Bluetooth.
3. Tap the info button next to the name of your car. If you don’t see an info button, tap the name of your car and then tap the i button that appears next to it.
4. Tap Forget This Device, then tap Forget Device when prompted.
5. Pair your phone withCarPlay again by holding it near withBluetooth turned on Bluetooth on button in your car (usually located near or on the steering wheel).