If you have an Apple TV and a smart TV, you may be wondering how you watch apple tv on your smart TV. While there are a few different ways to do this, the easiest way is to use an HDMI cable to connect your Apple TV to your smart TV.
Checkout this video:
Download the Apple TV App
To get started, you’ll need to download the Apple TV app to your supported smart TV. The app should be available on your TV’s app store.
Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to access all of your purchased or rented iTunes content, as well as any compatible apps that you have installed on your iPhone or iPad.
Open the app and sign in with your Apple ID
If you have a smart TV that’s compatible with Apple TV, you can use it to watch content from your Apple TV app. To do this, you need to open the app on your smart TV and sign in with apple id
Once you’re signed in, you can browse and watch content from any of the channels in the Apple TV app, including HBO Max, ESPN+, CBS All Access, and more. You can also use the smart TV’s remote to control playback, search for content, and more.
Select your smart TV from the list of compatible devices
If you have an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, you can use it to watch movies and shows in 4K HDR or over airplay. You can also use your smart TV to play content from your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch
To watch content in 4K HDR on your smart TV, make sure that it’s connected to an HDMI 2.0 or later port on your television and that you’re using the correct HDMI cable. If you’re not sure which port on your television you should use, check your television’s user manual.
Some 4K HDR TVs might require that you enable HDR from your television’s settings menu before you see the 4K HDR video options. For more information, contact the manufacturer of your smart TV.
After you connect your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD to a compatible HDMI 2.0 or later port on your smart TV, you can choose the video resolution that you want to use:
– To watch movies and shows in 4K HDR at 60Hz, make sure that both your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD and smart TV are connected to an HDMI 2.0 or later port and are using an HDMI cable that supports Ultra High Speed (also known as HDMI Premium cable). For more information about Ultra High Speed HDMI cables, see apple.com/ca/ultrahdmi-cables.
If one of these isn’t available, try connecting your devices to different ports on your television. You might also need to update the firmware on your smart TV; for more information, contact the manufacturer of your smart TV.
– To watch movies and shows in 1080p at 60Hz with Dolby Vision or HDR10, make sure that both devices are connected to an HDMI 2.0 port and are using a High Speed HDMI cable
Follow the prompts to set up the Apple TV app on your smart TV
1. On your smart TV, open the app store and search for Apple TV. Select Apple TV from the results.
2. On your iOS device, open the Settings app and go to Accounts > Family Sharing > Add Family Member. Enter apple id and password, then select Add Member.
3. On your smart TV, select the Add button next to Apple TV in the app store. You might be asked to enter a code that appears on your smart TV screen; if so, enter it and select Add. If you’re not asked for a code, select Install or Get to begin downloading the app.
4. Once the download is complete, open the Apple TV app on your smart TV and sign in with apple id