You watch apple tv on your television by connecting it to an HDMI port. Here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Go to the App Store and download apple tv App
1. Go to the App Store and download the Apple TV App
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV
3. Open the Apple TV app and go to the Home screen
4. Tap Settings > Video and Audio > Output > change from Automatic to Match Dynamic Range
5. Tap Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Output and make sure that Dolby Atmos is turned on
6. Play a video on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
7. Tap the AirPlay icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
8. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list
9. To stop streaming, tap in the upper-right corner of the screen and select Stop AirPlay
Plug in your Apple TV and HDTV
If you have an HDTV, you can watch Apple TV by connecting it to your HDTV with an HDMI cable. You can also connect your Apple TV to your HDTV with component cables or a composite cable, depending on which ports your HDTV has.
To connect your Apple TV to your HDTV:
1. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of your Apple TV.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your HDTV.
3. If you have an older television, you might need to use a component AV cable or a composite AV cable instead of an HDMI cable.
4. If you’re using a component AV cable, connect the red and white audio RCA ports on the component AV cable to the red and white audio ports on the back of your Apple TV. Then, connect the green video RCA port on the component AV cable to the green video port on the back of your Apple TV.
5. If you’re using a composite AV cable, connect the yellow video RCA port on the composite AV cable to the yellow video port on the back of your Apple TV. Then, connect the red and white audio RCA ports on the composite AV cable to the red and white audio ports on back of your Apple TV
Use your TV remote to change the input
First, make sure that your Apple TV and TV are connected. If you see apple tv home screen on your TV, you’re ready to continue.
If you don’t see the Apple TV Home screen, try one of the following:
– Make sure that your Apple TV is turned on. If it’s connected to power, the white light on the front of your Apple TV should turn on.
– Check your HDMI cable. Disconnect it from your Apple TV, then reconnect it to your Apple TV.
– If you’re using an AV receiver or HDMI switch, make sure that it’s turned on and set to the right input.
– If you’re using a cable box or satellite box, press Menu or Guide on your remote to find programs to watch. Then use the arrow keys on your remote to navigate to Settings > Audio & Video > Output. Select HDMI/DVI Output Mode and change it to DVI if it’s set to Auto. You might need a special DVI adapter for this.
When you see the Apple TV Home screen, use your remote to navigate to Settings > Audio & Video > Output > Resolution and change it to 1080p60 if it isn’t already set this way.
Select the Apple TV App on your TV screen
After you’ve connected your Apple TV 4K apple tv hd to a display, you can choose to use it as your main television. Just open the Apple TV App on your TV screen and follow the prompts.
If you see the Setupcomplete message, your Apple TV is ready to use.
To adjust your display settings, go to Settings > Video and Audio.
Browse or search for the show or movie you want to watch
You can browse Apple TV content just like you browse apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To see all of the Apple TV content in one place, open the App Store app on your iOS device, then tap Featured at the bottom of the screen. You can also ask Siri to show you a specific movie or TV show.
If you know what you want to watch, just say something like “Show me [name of show or movie].” If you’re not sure what you want to watch, ask Siri to search for something. For example, say “Search for action movies” or “Find comedies starring Will Ferrell.”
Select the show or movie you want to watch
There are a few different ways to find something to watch on Apple TV. You can use the top menu to select from a variety of different categories, or you can use the search function to find specific titles.
If you’re not sure what you want to watch, you can browse through the featured shows and movies, or take a look at the top charts to see what’s popular.
Once you’ve found something you want to watch, simply select it and press “play.”
Enjoy your show or movie!
Assuming you have an Apple TV and a compatible TV, you can watch anything on the iTunes Store or any video content in your iCloud library on your television. Even better, if you have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 10.3 or later, you can use it as a remote. Here’s how:
start watching something, open the TV app on your Apple TV. You might be prompted to sign in with apple id
From the main Library screen, browse through Movies, TV Shows, or any other categories that you see.
To buy or rent something, select it and then choose whether you want to buy or rent it. If it’s a movie, you might see different versions to rent or buy, like HD, 4K HDR, and Dolby Vision.
If you don’t see the movie or show that you’re looking for , check another category by swiping left or right on your Siri Remote. Or ask Siri to find what you’re looking for:
“Find [name of movie]”
“Find [name of show]”
“Search for [actor name]”
You might also be able to find what you’re looking for in the Top Charts section of the iTunes Store (on Apple TV 4K), which includes the most popular movies and shows.”