You’ve got an Apple Gift Card and you’re ready to spend. Here’s a quick guide on how to use your Apple Gift Card to make purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books Store.
Checkout this video:
Apple Gift Cards can be used to apple products accessories, and more. You can use your Apple Gift Card at an Apple Store, in the Apple Store app, or online at apple.com. Here’s what you need to know about using your card.
How to check your Apple Gift Card balance
If you want to check your Apple Gift Card balance, you can do so online, by phone, or in person at an Apple Store. Here’s how:
1. Go to www.apple.com/go/gcb/us/.
2. Enter the 16-digit code from the back of the card, then press enter.
3. If you have a balance on your card, it will be displayed on the screen.
1. Call 1-800-MY-APPLE and say “Gift cards” when prompted.
2. You’ll be asked to enter your 16-digit code from the back of the card, then press # sign.
3. If you have a balance on your card, it will be announced by the automated system.
1. Find an Apple Store near you and make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Today at Apple session. When you arrive for your appointment, let the Genius know that you would like to check your gift card balance and they will be able to help you out.
How to use your Apple Gift Card
If you receive an Apple Gift Card, you can use it to purchase any Apple product or accessory at any Apple Store or online at Apple.com. You can also use it to buy iCloud storage, pay for apple music subscription or make purchases at the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
To use your Apple Gift Card:
1. Redeem your card in the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store:
– Open the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks app.
– Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
– Scroll to the bottom and tap Redeem. If you don’t see “Redeem,” sign in with apple id
– Tap “You can also enter your code manually.” Enter the 12-digit code from the back of the card, then tap Redeem again.
2. Use your credit to shop anywhere that accepts Apple Pay: To add your gift card balance to your Apple Pay account:
– Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
– Tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Add Credit or Debit Card under PAYMENT CARDS. If you’re using an iPhone 6s or later with 3D Touch turned off, tap on Wallet & Apple Pay first (instead of tapping and holding), then tap Add Credit or Debit Card under PAYMENT CARDS. If you’re asked to add the card that you use with your iPhone’s built-in Passbook app, please contact support instead (we can help you add this card to Wallet).
– Follow the steps on your screen until you see Wallet &Apple PaySettings for adding a new card (see an example). Make sure that Type is set to Gift Cards, then enter your gift card’s 16-digit code and balance(if available). Tap Next.(If asked for additional information about type of card being added such as Credit/Debit/prepaid), choose Gift Cardsfromthe list of options provided and enter other details as requested.) If have difficulty redeemingyour gift cardor have a different issue , please contact Support .
How to redeem your Apple Gift Card
Once you have your Apple Gift Card, you can redeem it for products, subscriptions, and more on the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, and Apple TV app. If you’re not sure what to do with your card, here are a few ideas:
-Buy apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books, or iCloud storage
-Subscribe to Apple Music or Apple TV+
-Upgrade your iCloud storage
-Make purchases with Apple Pay
-Buy an iPhone, iPad,ipod touch Mac, or other device
To redeem your Apple Gift Card:
-On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
Open the App Store app. Tap Today at the bottom of the screen. Tap your profile photo or the sign in button at the top of the screen. If you’re not signed in already , tap Use Camera or Use Password and follow the instructions on your screen. Tap Redeem Gift Card or Code. If you don’t see “Redeem Gift Card or Code,” sign in with apple id Tap “You can also enter your code manually,” then enter the 12-digit code from the back of the card. Tap Redeem when you’re finished. If you want to add your credit to apple id balance so that you can spend it later , tap Use Credit for iTunes & App Store Purchases . The amount on the card credits to apple id balance away; when that happens , any unused portion remains on the card and can be used toward another purchase in spent right away . some stores might require a physical gift card Look for special promotions at certain times of Posters with these offers typically appear in participating To find out where cards are accepted before making a purchase , call customer service at 1 -800 -275 -2273 .