If you’re apple watch owner without an iPhone, you may be wondering how you can update your watch. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can still update apple watch to the latest version of watchOS. Here’s how:
1. Make sure that apple watch is connected to Wi-Fi.
2. On your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
3.tap general > About.
4. Wait for the software version to appear, then tap it repeatedly until you see the Apple logo and the progress bar appears on the screen.
5. Once your Apple Watch restarts, it start installing watchOS 6 automatically.
What You Need
To update apple watch without an iPhone, you’ll need to have your watch connected to Wi-Fi, and you’ll need to have more than 50 percent battery life remaining on your watch. Once you’ve got those things squared away, follow these steps:
1. Open watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the “My Watch” tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on “General.”
4. Tap on “Software Update.”
5. If there’s an update available for your watch, you’ll see a button that says “Download and Install.” Tap on that button.
6. Enter your passcode when prompted, and agree to the terms and conditions.
7. The update will download to your watch, and then install itself. Once it’s done, you’ll see a message that says “Update Complete.”
Updating Your Watch
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can still update your Apple Watch. To do so, you’ll need to download the Watch OS software directly from Apple.
Before you update, it’s a good idea to back up your watch. You can do this by opening the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tapping “My Watch,” and then selecting “General.” From there, scroll down and tap “Reset,” and then select “Erase all Content and Settings.” This will back up your watch to your iPhone.
Once you’ve backed up your watch, go to Apple’s support site and download the watchOS software for your specific model of Apple Watch. After the download is complete, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Once the app has updated, you should see the option to update your watch. Tap “Download and Install” and then follow the prompts on your screen.
If you run into trouble updating your Apple Watch, there are a few things you can try:
-Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
-Make sure your iPhone has enough battery life. We recommend at least 50%.
-Make sure you’re using the latest version of watchOS. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap My Watch > General > Software Update.
-Unpair and then re-pair your Apple Watch and iPhone: On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap My Watch > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. ForSTEP 2 instructions, see the apple support article. After erasing, pair your devices again.