If you need to update your payment method apple id purchases, here’s how to do it!
Checkout this video:
Your Apple payment method is the credit card or debit card that you use to buy apps, music, movies, and other content from the iTunes Store. When you first set up apple id you’re asked to provide a payment method.
If you’re trying to make a purchase but don’t have a valid payment method on file, or if your current payment method is expired or declined, you might need to update your payment information. Here’s how:
Updating your payment information on an iOS device
1.Open the iTunes Store app, then tap More > Accounts.
2.Tap on your Apple ID. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID and password first.
3.Tap View Apple ID > Payment Information. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID with a password or Touch ID first. If use family sharing and want to add a family member as an authorized user of your credit or debit card, tap Family Sharing > Add Family Member > Create an Apple ID for a child or set up an account for another adult in your household > Done > Payment Information.
4.Enter prevent information and tap Done when finished entering information about how many days after their statement date customers should make their payments (due date), and the minimum amount they should pay each month (minimum monthly payment). Then tap Done again to finish updating this information stored in Passbook & Payments.”
What You Need to Update Your Payment Method
To update your payment information, you need to sign in to apple id account page From there, you can add, update, or remove your credit or debit card information. You can also change your billing address or set up apple id without a payment method.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, ipod touch and use Family Sharing, you can’t change your country. Family Sharing requires everyone in the family group to have the same country listed in their Apple ID.
How to Update Your Payment Method
Your Apple ID is the account you use for all Apple services. If you have made purchases through the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, you have an Apple ID. If you forgot your password or need help signing in, Recover Your Apple ID.
You can update your payment information from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If you’re using Family Sharing and need to update your payment information for a child’s account, follow these instructions.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1) Open the Settings app.
2) Tap your name.
3) Tap Payment & Shipping. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
4) Tap Add Payment Method or Edit next to the payment method that you want to change. If you don’t see Add Payment Method or Edit, contact the vendor that you’re trying to make a purchase with.
5) Enter your new payment information and tap Done.
On your Mac
1) Open the App Store app.
2) Click the Sign In button in the lower-left corner of the window (if you’re not signed in).
3) Enter your Apple ID and password and press return (or double-click Sign In).
4) Click on your name in thebottom-left corner of the window and select Account Info from the dropdown menu (or click View Information at the top of the window).
5) Oneline 5), do either of te following: To add a new credit card or debit card payment method, click “Add Payment Method.” To change to a different credit card for an existing payment method, click “Edit” next to that payment method.—> You might be asked to verify your identity with a text message security questions before you can continue.—> Enter your new payment information and click Save.—> If there are unresolved issues with any ofte payments associated withyoyr accountm clisk “Update” next ot each one.—> When prompted about updating billing information for subscriptions such as iCloud storage space upgrades or Apple Music memberships—and whethertereyou wanto keepcerrent seleciton— Decide whethertou wanttocontineu undre updated billing infomation.]
Updating yopur payent methods helps ensure thtatpurchasess ouhavselfted fnaturalmay reeceivedd smoothly amd quicklyz
Your Apple ID is the account you use for everything you do with Apple, such as when you shop the iTunes Store, sign in to iCloud, buy an app, and more. So it makes sense that you would want to keep your payment information up to date. Here’s how!