If you need to unpair apple watch from your iPhone, whether to sell it or give it away, or to pair it with a new device, here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Open watch app on your iPhone.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone. If you don’t see the Watch app, tap the Search button and type in “Watch.” Select the Watch app from the results.
Tap the My Watch tab.
Scroll down and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
Tap Erase All.
Tap the My Watch tab.
1. Tap the My Watch tab.
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap apple watch
3. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
4. Enter apple id password, then tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
5. Tap Erase All, then confirm by tapping Erase All one more time.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Unpair Apple Watch.
If you have an iPhone 6s or later, you can use 3D Touch to press the app icon and then choose Unpair Apple Watch.
You can also unpair your watch directly from the Watch app by tapping the My Watch tab, then tapping Unpair Apple Watch > Unpair.
For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you want to keep your plan, tap Keep Plan.
If you’re no longer using your Apple Watch, you can unpair it from your iPhone. Unpairing automatically backs up your Apple Watch so you can restore it if you ever need to.
Before you unpair, disable Activation Lock and take your Apple Watch and iPhone close together. Then follow these steps:
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
Tap All Watters > your watch at the top of the screen. If you have multiple Apple Watches, choose the one that you want to unpair.
Tap the information icon next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair [watch].
For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you want to keep your plan, tap Keep Plan.If asked for a password, enter it.
If you turned on Find My [device] before you lost your device, see how to turn it off in Found an iOS device or Use Activation Lock on an iOS device with Find My iPhone turned on.
Tap Unpair [device].
If you have an Apple Watch and iPhone that are paired together, you might need to unpair them if you’re getting a new iPhone, or for other reasons. When you unpair your devices, your Apple Watch backs up to your iPhone automatically. Make sure that your devices have enough battery power before start
To unpair your devices:
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap [your watch].
3. Tap the info button , then tap Unpair [device].
4. Tap again to confirm that you want to unpair your devices.
Enter apple id password then tap Turn Off.
If you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, your Apple Watch will no longer receive notifications, calls, or messages from your iPhone. If you unpair, you might need to set up your Apple Watch again.
Before you unpair:
– Backup your Apple Watch with iCloud or iTunes.
– Sign out of iCloud, the App Store, and iTunes Store on your Apple Watch. To do this, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud and tap the “i” next to your account name. Then sign out of each account: first the iCloud account, then the App Store account, and finally the iTunes Store account.
– On your iPhone, go to My Watch > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will back up some of your settings to your iPhone.
– Erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap My Watch > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
If you can’t erase all content and settings on your watch using these steps above, force restart it instead:
For all models of Apple Watch: press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown simultaneously until you see the power off slider (on an LTE model, you’ll also see “Disconnecting” appear at the top of the screen). Drag the slider to turn off your watch. After it turns off, press and hold both buttons again until you see an Apple logo.
Tap to confirm.
To unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1.Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2.Tap the My Watch tab.
3.Tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
4.Tap the info button next to the watch you want to unpair.
5.Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
6.Tap Unpair [Your Name]’s Apple Watch when prompted, then enter apple id password to confirm.