Apple updates can be a pain, especially if you’re not using the latest version of iOS. Here’s how to turn them off and avoid those annoying update notifications.
Checkout this video:
You can turn off automatic updates for apps in iOS 13, or automatic downloads of updates to your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch Once you turn off automatic updates, you will receive a notification whenever an update is available for an app on your device.
How to turn off automatic updates on your iPhone or iPad
Automatic updates can be a great feature, making sure your apps are always up to date with the latest features and security fixes. But sometimes might want to disable automatic updates, whether it’s to conserve cellular data or to prevent nagging update notifications from interrupting you.
Here’s how to turn off automatic updates on your iPhone or iPad:
1. Open settings app
2. Tap on iTunes & App Store.
3. Under the Automatic Downloads section, toggle the switch next to Updates to the Off position.
How to turn off automatic app updates on your iPhone or iPad
Open settings app
Tap iTunes & App Store.
Under Automatic Downloads, turn off the switch next to Updates.
How to turn off automatic updates on your Mac
Apple computers running macOS Mojave or later can receive updates automatically, meaning that new software is downloaded and installed in the background without any input from the user.
This can be handy, as it means that you don’t have to remember to keep your Mac up-to-date with the latest security patches and software releases. However, it also means that your Mac will occasionally restart itself to apply updates, which can be disruptive if you’re in the middle of working on something important.
fortunately, it’s easy to turn off automatic updates on your Mac. Here’s how:
1. Open System Preferences. You can do this by clicking the icon in the top-left corner of your screen and then selecting “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu, or by searching for “System Preferences” using Spotlight.
2. Click on “Software Update.”
3. Uncheck the box next to “Automatically keep my Mac up to date.”
Once you’ve followed these steps, your Mac will no longer download and install software updates automatically. You’ll still be able to update your Mac manually by opening the App Store application and clicking the “Updates” tab, but new updates won’t be installed automatically in the background anymore.
How to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10
If you’re running Windows 10, you can temporarily turn off automatic updates to prevent your computer from installing new updates. Here’s how:
1. Click start button, then click the Settings icon.
2. In the Settings window, click Update & Security.
3. In the Update & Security window, click the Windows Update tab on the left side of the screen.
4. On the Windows Update tab, click the Advanced Options link.
5. In the Advanced Options window, turn off the setting for Give Me Updates for Other Microsoft Products When I Update Windows.
6. Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
Now, when you run Windows Update, it will no longer install updates for other Microsoft products like Office or Edge. If you want to turn automatic updates back on at any time, just follow these steps again and turn on the setting for Give Me Updates for Other Microsoft Products When I Update Windows.
Now that you know how to turn off Apple updates, you can enjoy your device without worry. Keep in mind that you should only disable updates if you are comfortable with the risks involved. Otherwise, it is always best to keep your device up-to-date.