Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn apple tv off.
Checkout this video:
How to Turn Your Apple TV Off
To turn your Apple TV off, press and hold the power button on the top of apple tv remote for about 5 seconds. The light on the front of the Apple TV start blinking, and then the Apple TV will go dark. That’s it! Your Apple TV is now off.
How to Turn off your Apple TV
To turn off your fourth-generation or 4K HDR Apple TV, go to Settings > System > Restart. You can also turn off your Apple TV by holding down the “Menu” button on the Siri Remote for 6 seconds.
How to put your Apple TV to sleep
There are two ways to turn off your fourth-generation Apple TV or earlier model: press and hold the menu button on the Siri Remote until “Sleep now” appears or go to Settings > System > Power.
On the fifth-generation Apple TV 4K or the fourth-apple tv hd you can put your device to sleep by either pressing and holding the Home button on the Siri Remote or by going to Settings > System and selecting Sleep.
How to Restart Your Apple TV
If your Apple TV is frozen or experiencing a problem, you may need to restart it. To restart your device, go to Settings > System and select Restart.
How to Update Your Apple TV
If you own an Apple TV, you may have noticed that there’s no obvious way to turn it off short of unplugging it from the power outlet. Unlike other devices from Apple, the Apple TV doesn’t have a sleep/wake button that puts it to sleep or turns it off.
So how do you turn your Apple TV off? The process is actually pretty simple once you know where to find the setting. Here’s how to do it:
1. On your Apple TV remote, hold down the Home button (the circular button with the TV icon in the center) and the Menu button (the button with the four lines in the center) at the same time for about six seconds.
2. A menu will appear with different options.
3. Scroll down and select “Settings.”
4. Scroll down and select “System.”
5. Scroll down and select “Restart.”
6. A popup will appear asking if you want to restart your Apple TV. Select “Restart.”
7. Your Apple TV will restart and take you back to the main menu when it’s finished.
How factory reset Your Apple TV
If you need to reset your Apple TV because it’s working properly you can follow the steps below. This will wipe all your settings and data from the device, so be sure to back everything up first!
1. First, open settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Next, scroll down and select “General.”
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select “Reset.”
4. Finally, select “Factory Reset.”