It’s easy to keep your Apple Calendar and Google Calendar in sync so you can access your events from anywhere. Here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Syncing your Apple calendar with Google Calendar is a great way to keep your schedule organized and up-to-date. Although Apple Calendar and Google Calendar are both designed to be user-friendly, the process of syncing them can be a bit tricky.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to syncing your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar:
1) First, open the iCloud preferences panel by clicking the icon in the Dock or selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2) Next, click on the iCloud icon.
3) Make sure that the box next to “Calendars” is checked. This will ensure that your Apple Calendar is synced with iCloud.
4) Now open the Google Calendar website.
5) In top right corner of the page, click on the “Settings” icon (it looks like a gear).
6) On the Settings page, select the “Calendar” tab.
7) Underneath the “My Calendars” section, click on the “Add” button.
8) A pop-up window will appear; in this window, select “Add by URL”.
Set up iCloud
iCloud is Apple’s cloud-based app and service platform. When you set up iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of free storage for your Mail, Documents, Photos, and other data. You can increase your storage by upgrading to a larger storage plan.
To set up iCloud:
1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
2. Sign in to your [device].
3. Enter apple id and password.
4. Tap Use iCloud for [device]. If you don’t have apple id tap Create new apple id and follow the onscreen instructions..
5. Choose the apps—such as Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Safari—that you want to use with iCloud and tap Done (on an iPhone or iPod touch) or Next (on an iPad).
Set up Google Calendar
1.Open the Apple Calendar app and go to the Preferences menu.
2.Select Accounts and then select +Add Account.
3.Enter your Google account information and click Sign In.
4.Select the calendars you want to sync with Apple Calendar and click Done.
Set up Microsoft Outlook
Before you can sync your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar, you need to set up Microsoft Outlook on your computer. To do this, you’ll need to download the Outlook app from the Microsoft website.
Once you’ve downloaded Outlook, open the app and click on the “File” tab. Then, click on “Add account.”
Enter your Microsoft email address and password, then click “Sign in.” Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to sync your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar.
Set up Yahoo! Calendar
If you use Apple Calendar and want to view your events in Google Calendar, you can set up a Yahoo! account and then sync the two calendars. Here’s how:
1. Open Apple Calendar.
2. In the menu bar, select Calendar > Preferences.
3. Click the Accounts tab.
4. Click the + sign in the lower left corner of the Accounts pane.
5. Select Add Yahoo! Account from the list of account types that appears.
6. Enter your Yahoo! ID and password in the fields provided, then click Continue.
7. Select which calendar you want to share with Google Calendar, then click Continue.
8. Make sure that the boxes next to Synchronize events and Write events on my behalf are both checked, then click Done.
That’s it! Now you know how to sync your Apple Calendar with Google Calendar. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.