If you’re like me, you use Google Calendar for work and Apple Calendar for your personal life. Here’s how to keep them both in sync.
Checkout this video:
Whether you use Apple’s Calendar app or Google Calendar, it’s easy to keep your events in sync across both platforms. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up two-way syncing so you can access your Apple Calendar events in Google Calendar and vice versa.
Set up iCloud
iCloud is built into every Apple device, so setting it up is as easy as turning it on in your Settings. If you’re using multiple Apple devices, iCloud will keep your calendars in sync across all of them.
To turn on iCloud for your calendars:
1. Open settings app
2. Tap your name at the top of the Settings menu.
3. Select “iCloud.”
4. Turn on the “Calendars” switch.
5. Tap “Done.”
Once you’ve turned on iCloud for your calendars, they start syncing with the Apple Calendar app automatically.
Set up Google Calendar
To get started, you’ll need to set up a Google Calendar account if you don’t already have one. You can do this by going to calendar.google.com and clicking “Create account” in the top right-hand corner. From there, follow the prompts to set up your new Google Calendar.
Set up Microsoft Outlook
Before you can sync your Apple Calendar to Google, you’ll first need to set up Microsoft Outlook on your computer. To do this, you’ll need to:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click “File.”
3. Click “Add Account.”
4. Enter your name, email address, and password.
5. Click “Next.”
6. Select “Manual setup or additional server types.”
7. Click “Next.”
8. Select “POP or IMAP.”
9. Enter the incoming and outgoing mail servers for your account. You find these in the “Settings” section of your email provider’s website (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
10. Click “More Settings.”
11. In the “Outgoing Server” tab, select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
12. In the “Advanced” tab, enter the following settings:
-Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
-Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 or 587
-Root folder path: INBOX
With these simple steps, you can easily keep track of your schedule no matter where you are. By syncing your Apple Calendar to Google Calendar, you can access your events and appointments from any device with an internet connection.