- Open the box and take out your apple watch
- Place the watch on your wrist.
- Download the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Follow the prompts to set up your Apple Watch.
- Choose your watch face and customize it to your liking.
- Add apps to your Apple Watch.
- Set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.
- Explore all the features your new Apple Watch has to offer!
Want to know how to set up your new Apple Watch? Follow these simple steps and you’ll be up and running in no time!
Checkout this video:
Open the box and take out your apple watch
Open the box and take out your apple watch Attach the band that came in the box to your watch. If you bought a different band, attach that instead.
To turn on your watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. Follow the prompts on your iPhone to finish setting up your watch.
Place the watch on your wrist.
If the watch is new, place it on your wrist and hold it near your iPhone. A message will appear on your iPhone asking if you want to pair with the watch.
Download the Watch app on your iPhone.
You need the Watch app to set up your Apple Watch. On your iPhone, open the App Store. Tap Search, then enter “watch.” Find the Watch app and tap GET, then INSTALL. If asked, enter your passcode or Touch ID.
The Watch app will appear on your iPhone’s Home screen after you finish downloading it. If you don’t see it, swipe down from the top of your screen and search for “watch.”
Follow the prompts to set up your Apple Watch.
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap Start Pairing. Hold your iPhone next to your Apple Watch. A message says “Hold Near Your iPhone.”
3. Wait for a animation to appear on your Apple Watch.
4.Tap Continue on your iPhone, then follow the instructions that appear.
5. When asked, hold your Apple Watch under your wrist so that the bottom of the watch faces the top of your palm and press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo
6. After you pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you can set up features and customize settings. To learn more about what you can do with your new device, explore the tabs in the app:
-Notifications: Choose which notifications from apps appear on Apple Watch, and how they’re delivered.
-Do Not Disturb: Set rules for when you don’t want to be bothered by notifications or phone calls (but you can still use other features on Apple Watch).
-Brightness & Text Size: Adjust these settings so you can see messages and applications more easily on your watch face.
-Sound & Haptics: Choose what kind of sound or vibration happens when you get an alert or notification, or when you use certain features on Apple Watch
Choose your watch face and customize it to your liking.
One of the first things you’ll want to do when you set up your new Apple Watch is choose a watch face and customize it to your liking. There are dozens of different faces to choose from, and you can further customize many of them with complications that show things like the current weather, your upcoming calendar events, or the steps you’ve taken so far today.
Once you’ve found a face that you like, force touching the display (pressing firmly on the screen) will let you customize it even further. From here you can change the color of the hands or add more complications. You can also set it as your default face so that it appears every time you raise your wrist to look at your watch.
Add apps to your Apple Watch.
You can add apps to your Apple Watch from your iPhone. Just open the Watch app, then go to the watch tab and scroll down.
Set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch.
Setting up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch is easy and only takes a few steps. You’ll need to have an iPhone with iOS 8.2 or later and an Apple Watch with watchOS 2.0 or later.
Here’s how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch:
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
2. Tap Passcode. If you don’t have a passcode, tap Turn Passcode On.
3. Enter a passcode, then tap Continue.
4. Tap Add a Credit or Debit Card. You might need to sign in with apple id
5. Position your card in the frame, then enter the card security code when prompted by following the instructions on your screen. If you’re asked to add the card that you use with your iPhone, tap Continue to add it to your watch automatically.*
6.. After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next and start using Apple Pay everywhere that accepts contactless payments.*
*If you can’t add a card to Wallet, check the support article for your bank or issuer .
Explore all the features your new Apple Watch has to offer!
There’s a lot you can do with your new Apple Watch! Here are some tips on how to get started:
1. Customize your watch face! You can choose from a variety of different faces, including Utility, Motion, Modular, Chronograph, Color, and more. To customize your watch face:
-Press and hold the current watch face.
-Swipe left or right to choose a new watch face.
-Tap Customize to edit the elements of the selected watch face.
2. Use Siri! You can activate Siri by holding down the Digital Crown or by saying “Hey Siri.” Once Siri is activated, you can ask it questions or give it commands. For example, you can ask Siri for the weather forecast or to set a timer.
3. Check your notifications! You can view your notifications by swiping down from the top of the watch face. To clear a notification, swipe from right to left on it and tap Clear. To clear all notifications, tap Clear All.
4. Use apps! There are a variety of different apps available for your Apple Watch, including fitness apps, productivity apps, and more. To access the app store:
-Press the Digital Crown to go to the Home screen.
-Tap the App Store icon .
-Browse or search for an app and tap Get to install it.
5. Stay connected! The Apple Watch has many features that help you stay connected with your loved ones and with the world around you. For example, you can use Messages or Mail to send messages or emails, make phone calls using the Phone app, and even send sketches using the Mail app!