Here’s how to set up your apple watch without an iPhone.
Checkout this video:
If you’re upgrading from an apple watch you may be able to use your apple watch without an iPhone. If you’re setting up your first Apple Watch, you’ll need an iPhone with iOS 8.2 or later.
Before you begin, update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. On your iPhone, open the watch app start pairing If you don’t see the Apple Watch app, download it from the App Store.
What you need
To set up your Apple Watch without an iPhone, you need an iPhone 5 or later with iOS 10 or later. You also need to make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on and that it’s near your Apple Watch.
Set up as new
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap Start Pairing on the main screen.
3. Hold your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. A message should appear on your iPhone asking if you want to use it to set up this Apple Watch.
4. Tap Set Up to continue.
5. Enter apple id password when prompted and tap Continue.
6. Choose whether you want to restore your Apple Watch from a backup or set it up as new and tap Continue. If you choose to set it up as new, skip to step 9.
7. Select the most recent backup of your Apple Watch and tap Continue. Wait for the backup to finish restoring before proceeding to the next step.
8. Tap Agree when prompted and then tap Continue when asked if you want to enable Location Services on your Apple Watch (you can always change this later in the Settings app).
Set up from backup
If you’re setting up your first Apple Watch, you’ll be prompted to choose whether to set it up as a new watch or to restore an existing backup. If you have an iPhone that’s already running watchOS 6, use that phone to back up your watch, then restore the backup to your new watch. You can also use iCloud to back up and restore your watch.
##Heading: Set up as new
If you don’t have an iPhone or if you want to start using your Apple Watch with a new iPhone, you can set it up as new. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS, then follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap Start Pairing > Set Up as New Watch.
3. Follow the instructions on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
If you don’t have an iPhone, you can still set up and use your Apple Watch.
1. Make sure that your Apple Watch is powered on.
2. Press and hold the side button to enter Power Reserve mode.
3. When prompted, slide to power off.
4. Once your watch has powered off, press and hold the side button again to turn on your watch. You’ll see the Apple logo, followed by the Language screen.
5. Select your language, then tap the right arrow.
6. On the Region screen, select your region, then tap the right arrow.
7. On the Welcome screen, tap Set Up for me, then tap Continue.
8. Follow the instructions on your watch to finish setting up.