Get step-by-step instructions for how to remove the watch band on apple watch Plus, learn different types of bands and materials.
Checkout this video:
Assuming you want to know how to take the band off apple watch so that you can replace it with a new one, here are Apple’s instructions:
To remove apple watch band:
1. Hold down the release button on the back of your watch.
2. Slide the band across to remove it.
3. If you’re wearing apple watch Series 2, 3, or 4, press and hold the band release button, then slide out the band. If you’re wearing an apple watch slide the band out from under the top part of the watch case.
4. If necessary, grasp the end of the bottom strap, then pull and hold it while you slide out the top strap from its groove. If you have a link bracelet or milanese loop, see below for instructions on removing links from your watch band.
Tools You Will Need
You will need a few tools to remove the watch band from apple watch You will need a small Phillips head screwdriver, a small pry tool, and a hairdryer.
1. Look for the small button on the underside of the watch band.
2. Press and hold the button, then slide the band away from the watch face.
3. If you’re having trouble removing the band, try using a flat surface like a table to push against as you press the button.
4. Once the band is removed, you can now slide in a new one by reversing the process.
No matter which style of Apple Watch you have, the process for removing the watch band is the same. First, you’ll need to remove the band from the watch by depressing the small button on the underside of the band. Once the band is released, you can slide it off of the watch. If you’re having trouble removing the band, you can use a paperclip or other thin object to depress the button.
Next, you’ll need to remove the pins that hold the band in place. There are two pins, one on each side of the watch. Use a pair of tweezers or your fingernails to pull out each pin. Be careful not to lose these pins, as they are essential for reattaching your watch band.
With the pins removed, you can now slide off the old watch band. To attach a new watch band, simply reverse these steps. Slide on the new band and replace the pins to secure it in place. You can then slide on additional links or remove links to adjust the fit of your new watch band.