Use this recipe to make delicious apple turnovers that will be the hit of any party.
Checkout this video:
Pastry and apples are a classic combination, and these easy-to-make apple turnovers are the perfect way to enjoy them. The key to a good turnover is in the pastry – it should be light and flaky, with just the right amount of sweetness. Our recipe uses frozen puff pastry, which makes things even easier.
Once you’ve mastered the basic technique, you can try different fillings – trying different fruits or even savory options. These turnovers are best enjoyed fresh from the oven, but they will keep for a day or two in an airtight container.
What You Need
1. puff pastry
7. turbinado sugar or coarse sugar
puff pastry sheets
apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to a 12-inch square. Trim even with edge of pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pastry. Arrange apples over cinnamon sugar. Dot with butter. Fold pastry over apples; trim and flute edge.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); bake for 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown.
Baking the Turnovers
Baking the turnovers is the most important step to making delicious apple turnovers. The key is to not overcook them. Here are some tips:
-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
-Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
-Cut the apples into small pieces and mix with the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
-Place a spoonful of the mixture into the center of each dough square.
-Fold the dough over the filling to form a triangle, and press the edges together to seal.
-Place the turnovers on the prepared baking sheet.
-Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Well, there you have it! Our guide on how to make delicious apple turnovers. We hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Happy baking!