If you’re like most people, you probably don’t know apple id password off the top of your head. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to get it.
Checkout this video:
Apple IDs are used to log in to all Apple services and products, such as the App Store, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. If you forget apple id password there are a few ways you can get it back. In this article, we’ll show you how to reset apple id password using both your iPhone and a computer.
How to Get apple id Password
If you forgot apple id password you can go to Apple’s website and click “Forgot your Apple ID” under the sign in button. From there, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID. Once you enter your Apple ID, you will be able to reset your password.
Go to iforgot.apple.com
If you forgot apple id password follow these steps to reset it.
1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID, then select Continue.
3. If you use two-factor authentication, you’ll see a six-digit verification code appear on one of your other devices:
– Enter the verification code on the device that you’re using to sign in, then select Continue.
4. If you don’t use two-factor authentication and you’ve forgotten your password, you’ll see a message saying that usernames can’t be found. Select Forgot Password?
5. Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.* Then select a trusted device.* We’ll send your device a verification code to type in and complete sign in.
6 .If you don’t have a Recovery Key and you’re being asked for one, it means that you turned on two-factor authentication but didn’t provide a Recovery Key when you did so. In this case, you can’t reset your password or sign in to your account until you have the key or access to one of your trusted devices.*
*If you’re prompted for a two-factor authentication code but don’t have one of your devices with you, try these steps:
1) On your other device, go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security > Generate Verification Code.; or
2) On your other device, go to Settings > iCloud > [your name] > Password & Security > Get Verification Code.; or
3) Use an app that generates codes, like Authy or Google Authenticator.; or
4) If someone else set up two-factor authentication for you and stored the codes for their own devices, ask them for a code.; or
5) Wait for a new code to be generated and delivered automatically to one of your other devices., then enter the code on the device that you’re using to sign in
Enter your Apple ID
Enter your Apple ID. If you forgot your Apple ID, you can look it up.
On the Apple ID account page, click “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
On the next page, enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
Apple will send an email to your preferred email address. The subject line of the email will say “Can’t sign in to [your Apple ID].” Open the email and click the Change Password link.
Select the option to reset your password
If you can’t remember your Apple ID password, you can reset it using the web browser on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If you’re signing in with your Apple ID on someone else’s device, you can use their device to reset your password.
Here’s how to reset your password:
-Go to iforgot.apple.com.
-Enter your Apple ID, then select Continue.
-Choose the option to reset your password, then select Continue.
-Enter the characters in the image correctly, then select Continue.
-If you have a Trusted Device selected, you’ll get a verification code on that device that you can use to complete sign in.*
-If you don’t have a Trusted Device selected, or you can’t receive codes on it for some reason, select Didn’t Get a Code?, and we’ll send a code by email or text message.*
-Enter the verification code from one of the devices listed under “You’ll receive an email or text” and select Next. If someone else is trying to get into your account and knows the verification code for one of your devices, they might be able to sign in as you. To prevent this, only allow codes from devices that only YOU have access to enter the code from one of those devices. If none of these are accessible to YOU at this time for whatever reason (including because YOU recently changed them), we can continue by asking additional security questions instead (the next step). You will have an opportunity after successfully answering these questions (or after receiving a verification code) to strengthen YOUR security by enabling Two-Factor Authentication for YOUR account if YOU so choose.
*Text message fees may apply
Choose how you want to reset your password
There are two ways to reset your Apple ID password:
If you have an iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad, ipod touch or a Mac with OS X 10.8 or later, you can use the iCloud website or the Find My iPhone app to reset your password.
If you don’t have an iOS device or a Mac with OS X 10.8 or later, you can use the iForgot website to reset your password.
Follow the instructions to reset your password
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it using the Apple ID account page.
To reset your password, enter your Apple ID and select the option to reset your password. You’ll be asked to answer a few security questions and then you’ll be able to create a new password.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope it was helpful in explaining how to get your Apple ID password. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.