In this blog post, we’ll show you how to fix a cracked or apple watch screen.
Checkout this video:
Order the correct replacement screen.
Before you do anything, it’s important that you order the correct replacement screen. The Watch comes in two different sizes, 38mm and 42mm, and three different models, the original Watch, Series 1, and Series 2. You’ll also need to decide whether you want a sport or stainless steel band. All of these factors will affect the cost of your replacement screen.
Remove the old screen.
1. Power off apple watch If your Watch has a passcode, you’ll need to enter it before you can continue.
2. Remove the band from apple watch
3. Use the flat end of a spudger to pry the Taptic Engine out of its housing on the back of the watch case. If apple watch has a rear cover, pry it off with the spudger as well.
The Taptic Engine is located under the black plastic cover on the back of the watch case, near the bottom.
4. Insert a SIM removal tool into the small hole next to the Taptic Engine, then rotate it counterclockwise until the screen assembly pops free from its retaining ring. If you don’t have a SIM removal tool, you can use a paperclip instead.
5. Gently pull up on the bottom edge of the display assembly to release the adhesive holding it in place. Be careful not to damage any of the flex cables attaching the display assembly to the logic board.
6 Using a spudger or your fingernail, lift up and remove the black plastic adhesive cover from around each of the display cables near their connectors on the logic board
Install the new screen.
1. Unscrew and remove the old screen.
2. Clean the area around the new screen.
3. Place the new screen on the watch face.
4. Screw the new screen into place.
5. Turn on your watch and test the new screen!
Test the new screen.
Now that you have replaced the old screen with a new one, it is time to test it. Power on the device and make sure that the display appears normal. If everything looks good, you have successfully completed the repair.