Wondering how to erase your Apple Watch? Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it!
Checkout this video:
If you’re selling or giving away apple watch you’ll need to unpair it from your iPhone and erase all of your content and settings. If you have apple watch with cellular, you’ll need to contact your carrier to cancel your plan.
How to unpair your Apple Watch
If you have an Apple Watch and you got a new iPhone, unpair your old Apple Watch from your previous iPhone before you pair it with your new device. Unpairing automatically backs up most of your data to your old iPhone. It also moves your data—likeActivityHistory andFitness—to Apple’s servers. After you erase all content, you can unpair from your previous iPhone and pair with a new one.
How to erase all content and settings
Before you sell or give away your Apple Watch, you should erase all of your content and settings. This will help to protect your privacy and security. You can use these instructions to erase all content and settings from your device:
1. On your iPhone, open watch app
2. Tap the watch tab then tap General > Reset.
3. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap Erase All to confirm.
4. Enter apple id password to continue, then tap Erase again when prompted.
5. Wait for the process to complete, then set up your Apple Watch as new.
How factory reset your Apple Watch
A factory reset will erase all of the data on your Apple Watch and restore it to the original factory settings. This is useful if you are giving your Watch to someone else, or if you simply want start fresh with a new Watch.
Before you begin, make sure that your Watch is unpaired from your iPhone. You can do this by opening the Watch app on your iPhone and tapping “My Watch.” From here, tap “All Watches” at the top of the screen and select the watch that you want to unpair.
Once your Watch is unpaired, you can begin the reset process. To do this, open the Settings app on your Watch and tap “General.” Scroll down and tap “Reset,” then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
You will be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and confirm that you want to erase your Watch. Once you do this, all of the data on your Watch will be erased and it will restart with the original factory settings.
How to restore your Apple Watch from a backup
If you have an Apple Watch backup from before you installed the watchOS beta, you can restore your Apple Watch from that backup after installing the watchOS beta.
To restore your Apple Watch from a backup:
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
2. Tap GENERAL > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you’ve never backed up your Apple Watch, tap Erase All to continue.
3. When prompted, enter your passcode to continue.
4. Tap Erase All and confirm that you want to erase your data and settings by tapping Erase Everything in the popup window that appears.
5. After erasing your Apple Watch, you’ll need to pair it with your iPhone again and set it up as new before restoring from a backup.
We hope this guide was helpful in teaching you how to erase your Apple Watch. As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us on social media or via our website. Thanks for reading!