If your Apple Watch is water damaged, you’ll need to know how to eject the water from the device. Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do.
Checkout this video:
Apple Watch is designed to be water resistant, but if your Watch gets wet, you can use the Digital Crown to eject any water that may have gotten trapped inside. Follow the steps below to remove water from your Apple Watch.
What you need
In order to eject water from your Apple Watch, you will need the following:
-A safe, dry place to put your watch
-A clean, soft cloth
-An Apple Watch case or band
If you have an Apple Watch with a stainless steel or aluminum case, you will also need:
-A can of compressed air
Ejecting water from your Apple Watch
Whether you take a dip in the pool or puddle jump in the rain, your Apple Watch Series 2 or later has a water resistance rating of 50 meters. This means it’s protected against splashes, rain, and brief immersion in water.
However, water resistance isn’t permanent and may diminish over time. If you notice that your watch isn’t responding as quickly as it used to, or the display seems foggy, follow these steps to eject any water that might be hiding in the speaker.
To eject water from your Apple Watch:
1. Firmly press and hold the side button, then drag the “Water Lock” slider to the right. Wait for Water Lock to turn off and your watch face to appear.
2. Firmly press and hold the center of the Digital Crown for at least 15 seconds. Wait until you see an Apple logo appear on your watch face.
Why you should eject water from your Apple Watch
Water can build up inside your Apple Watch from heavy sweating, exposure to extremely cold weather, swimming in pool or ocean water, and more. When this happens, you may see a Water Lock icon on your watch face or hear water droplet sounds from your watch.
If you have water in your watch, it’s important to get rid of it as soon as possible. Here’s how:
1. Turn off Water Lock by swiping up on your watch face and tapping the button. This prevents accidental screen interactions while you’re ejecting water.
2. Turn your Apple Watch over so that the bottom of the watch is facing up.
3. lightly tap the bottom of your watch against a hard surface, such as a table top or counter top.
4. Doing this should eject any water that was in your watch.
How to prevent water damage to your Apple Watch
It is important to know how to eject water from your Apple Watch to prevent water damage. The following steps will show you how to do this:
1. Remove your Apple Watch from your wrist.
2. Turn your Apple Watch over so that the back of the watch is facing up.
3. Locate the small black button on the right side of the watch. This is the Digital Crown.
4. Press and hold the Digital Crown for about 3 seconds, or until you see a spray of water come out from the speaker hole on the left side of the watch.
5. Release the Digital Crown and allow your Apple Watch to dry completely before putting it back on your wrist.
The above methods should help you get rid of water from your Apple Watch. If you’re still having trouble, contact Apple Support.