How to Download Apps on Your Apple TV 1st Generation: The process is pretty simple and straightforward. You can find the apps you want to download in the App Store on your Apple TV.
Checkout this video:
Open the App Store.
1. Open the App Store. Once you’re on the main screen of your Apple TV, hold down the touchpad until the app grid appears. Then, using your finger, scroll until you see the App Store icon and click it.
2. Find an app. Once you’re in the App Store, browse or search for an app that you want to download.
3. Select Get. When you’ve found an app that you want to download, select it, then select Get (for free apps) or the price (for paid apps).
4. Enter your password use touch id if prompted. You might need to enter apple id password use touch id to confirm your purchase.
5. Download your app. When the download is complete, your app will appear on the Home screen of your Apple TV under Purchased .
Select the featured apps or categories in the App Store to find the app that you want to download.
When you find the app that you want, select it, then press the Play/Pause button. The app starts to download to your Apple TV. You can check the progress of the download in the Purchased section of your account in the App Store on your Apple TV. When the download is complete, you can open and use the app.
Select the app that you want to download, then select Get.
If you see a price or you’re asked to sign in with apple id the app is not free.
To buy an app, select the price. If you’re asked to sign in with apple id enter your password. By default, apps downloaded from the App Store are added to the Home screen.
You might need to enter apple id password to complete the purchase.
You can use the App Store app on your Apple TV to browse and buy apps.
1. Open the App Store app, then browse or search for the app that you want to download.
2. Select the app, then select Get. You might need to enter apple id password to complete the purchase.
3. If an app requires additional components, select Get again.
4. Wait for the download to complete, then open the app from your Home screen. Some apps might have additional features that you can access from within the app.
Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.
If the app is free, click Get; if it costs money, click the price.
When the download is complete, launch the app by pressing the Touch surface or clicking the Trackpad.