If you want to watch movies or TV shows from your Mac on your big screen, you can do so by connecting your Mac to apple tv Here’s how to do it.
Checkout this video:
Open System Preferences on your Mac.
Open System Preferences on your Mac. Click on the Displays icon. Make sure that the TV is powered on and connected to your Mac with the appropriate cables. If you see the TV listed in the left sidebar of the Displays window, click it.
If you don’t see the TV listed, try restarting your Mac with the TV connected. If you still don’t see the TV listed, check that your cables are connected properly and that your TV is set to display video from the correct source.
Once you see the TV listed in the Displays window, select it and then check the box next to “Mirror Displays.” You should see your Mac’s desktop appear on your TV screen.
Click on the Displays icon.
In most cases, when you want to connect your Mac to apple tv all you need is a standard HDMI cable.
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Apple TV.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into the HDMI port on your Mac.
3. If you’re using a Mac mini (M1, 2020) or Mac mini (M2, 2020), connect the power adapter to your Mac mini and plug it into a power outlet.
4. Click on the Displays icon in the menu bar and select your Apple TV from the list of available displays.
5. Your Mac’s display should appear on your Apple TV.
Select the AirPlay display you want to use.
If you have more than one AirPlay-compatible device on your network, you can choose which one to use. To switch displays, do any of the following:
– On your Mac, click in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
– On an iOS device, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center, then tap .
– Choose an AirPlay display from the list.
If you don’t see the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” checkbox, you need to update your Mac to the latest version of macOS.
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Click the Updates tab.
3. If any updates for macOS are available, click Install.
Open the AirPlay display.
start open the AirPlay display on your Mac. You can do this by clicking the AirPlay icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don’t see this icon, you can also open the AirPlay display by choosing Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
Once you’ve opened the AirPlay display, you should see your Apple TV listed as an available device. If you don’t see your Apple TV, make sure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network and that AirPlay is turned on your Apple TV.
Select your Apple TV from the list.
On your Mac, go to the AirPlay menu. Select your Apple TV from the list.
If you don’t see your Apple TV, make sure that it’s turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac.
Choose the quality of the display.
Select your Apple TV from the Devices section of Photos.
Click on the device settings icon in the upper-right corner of the Photos interface and select “Apple TV” from the resulting drop-down menu.
Choose the quality of the display.
You can adjust both the resolution and refresh rate of your display.
To finish setup and begin watching content, click Done.
If you can’t click Done or if you see a message that says “An error occurred,” try these steps:
– Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
– If you’re using an Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet, make sure that it’s plugged into your router, not your modem.
– If you still can’t connect, restart your Apple TV and your Mac.