Checkout this video:
Closing an app on your fourth-apple tv is a two-step process. First you need to put the app into multitasking mode, and then you can close it from there. Use the following steps to close an app on your Apple TV:
1. Double press the Home button on the Siri Remote to put the app into multitasking mode.
2. Swipe up on the app that you want to close.
3. Press the Home button to exit multitasking mode.
What is tvOS?
tvOS is the operating system that runs on the 4th and 5th generations of the Apple TV. tvOS was introduced on October 26, 2015 at the “Back to the Mac” event alongside iOS 9.1 for the iPhone and iPad, OS X El Capitan for Mackintoshes, and watchOS 2.0 for apple watch tvOS is similar in design to iOS, but with a focus on media consumption rather than general-purpose computing tasks.
How to close or force quit apps on your Apple TV
It’s easy to close or force quit apps on your Apple TV. Here’s how:
To close an app:
1. Double-click the Home button on your Siri Remote.
2. Swipe up on the app that you want to close. Once it’s highlighted, press the Play/Pause button.
3. To close all apps, swipe right until you reach home screen then hold down the Play/Pause button and the Menu button at the same time until the light on your Apple TV blinks rapidly.
To force quit an app:
1. While the app is open, hold down the Menu button and the Home button at the same time for about 6 seconds, or until you see a white light on your Apple TV flash rapidly.
2. When you see this, let go of both buttons and wait for a few seconds until you’re returned to the Home screen.
To close an app, double press the Home button on apple tv remote This will bring up a preview of all the apps you have open.
To close an app, swipe up on the touchpad.
To close an app on your Apple TV, press and hold the Play/Pause button on the Siri Remote. You’ll see a menu appear at the top of the screen with your current apps. To close an app, use the touchpad to scroll to the app you want to close, then click and hold the touchpad until the red circle with a white dash appears. Click the touchpad again, and the app will close.