If you need to change the email address associated with apple id maybe because you’ve changed jobs or providers, you can do so right from your iPhone.
Checkout this video:
Open the Settings app.
Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap “iTunes & App Store.” Tap apple id at the top of the screen (where it says “Sign In” if you’re not signed in). Tap “Change my email address” under your current email address.
Enter the new email address that you want to use as apple id Tap “Save.” If you’re using an iCloud device, you might be asked to enter your password again.
Tap your name.
1. Tap the Settings app on your homescreen.
2. Scroll down and tap “iCloud.”
3. Scroll down and tap “Sign Out.” If you have an iOS device with Face ID, you’ll need to enter your password instead.
4. You’ll be asked if you want to keep a copy of your data on your device; tap “Keep a Copy” if you do, or “Delete” if you don’t.
5. Enter new apple id email address when prompted, then tap “Next.”
6. Enter your password when prompted, then tap “Sign In.”
Tap “Edit” next to the “Apple ID and Primary Email Address” field.
Primary email address is the email address that you use as your Apple ID. If you want to change your primary email address, first make sure that you have another email address that you can use as your Apple ID, then follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, open Settings.
2. Tap “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.”
3. Tap “Apple ID.”
4. Tap “Edit.”
5. Tap “Change Email Address.”
6. Enter the new email address that you want to use as your Apple ID. If you don’t have another email address, tap “Get a free iCloud account” or “Create a new iCloud account.”
7. Enter your password, then tap Turn Off to confirm that you want to change your primary email address.
Enter the new email address you want to use as your Apple ID.
When you change your Apple ID, you can enter a new third-party email address. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create apple id without a credit card.
If you’re trying to change the email address for your Apple ID and it’s already in use as an iCloud, Me, or iMessage account on one of your other devices, you might see a message that reads, “This device is already associated with an Apple ID. If you want to use this device with a different Apple ID, sign out of your current Apple ID.” Follow the steps below to update the email address associated with your Apple ID.
After you change your Apple ID email address, all other information associated with your Apple ID will remain the same. This includes your name, date of birth, billing and shipping addresses, and payment information. You can always go back and change your email address if needed.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap your Apple ID card at the top of the Settings menu.
3. Tap “Edit.”
4. Under the “Account” section, tap “Change Email Address.”
5. Enter your new email address twice, then tap “Done.”