A step-by-step guide on how to add plane tickets to your Apple Wallet.
Checkout this video:
Assuming you’ve already booked a plane ticket, open the email confirmation from the airline.find and tap the “Add to Wallet” button, which will likely be located near the top of the email. If you don’t see this button, it means your airline doesn’t support this feature. You can still add your boarding pass to Wallet manually, however.
What is Apple Wallet?
Apple Wallet is a combined mobile app and digital wallet that Apple Inc. first released in October 2014. With it, iPhone and iPad users can store boarding passes, store loyalty cards, and make using apple pay The app is also used to track gift cards and store credit card information.
Prior to the release of iOS 8 in September 2014, Apple had developed a Passbook app to store these types of items, but it was not integrated with the then-apple pay system. As a result, Apple decided to combine the two apps and rebrand the combined app as “Apple Wallet”.
How to add plane tickets to Apple Wallet
If you’ve got an iPhone, you can store your plane tickets in Apple Wallet. Just add them to the app like you would any other ticket or pass. Here’s how:
1. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the Sign in the upper-right corner.
3. Under “Passes,” tap “Add Passes.” might need to scroll down to see this option.
4. Select the type of pass you want to add, then tap “Add” in the upper-right corner.
5. Use your camera or choose “Browse” to find and select the passes you want to add, then tap “Add.” If prompted, enter the email address that you used to purchase your plane tickets so that Apple can find them in your inbox.
6. Your passes will appear in Apple Wallet automatically after they’re added to your email inbox. If they don’t appear right away, open the Wallet app and tap “Passes” in the upper-left corner, then scroll down and tap “Update Passes.”
How to use Apple Wallet
You can use Apple Wallet to store boarding passes, concert tickets, coupons, and more. You can also use it to make purchases in stores and in apps.
To add a pass to Wallet, you need the app that created the pass or a website that uses Apple Wallet Passes.
For example, if you’re checking in for a flight on Delta’s website, you might see the option to Add to Apple Wallet. When you tap Add, your boarding pass is stored in Wallet so you can easily find it when you’re at the airport.
Some passes might include information that changes over time, like the balance on a gift card or your seat assignment for a concert. When that happens, the pass updates automatically so you always have the latest information. If you need to update your pass manually, open Wallet and tap the pass.
You can add plane tickets to your Apple Wallet by using the Apple Wallet app on your iPhone. To do this, you’ll need to have the boarding pass saved as a PDF on your phone. Once you have the PDF, open it and tap the “Add to Wallet” button. You can also add plane tickets by scanning them in at the airport using the Wallet app on your iPhone.