If you’re apple watch owner and you’re looking to add cellular connectivity to your wearable device, read this blog post for a step-by-step guide.
Checkout this video:
If you have apple watch with cellular, you can add a plan through your carrier. If you don’t have apple watch with cellular, you can use your iPhone to add a plan. You can also set up apple watch without cellular, and add a plan later.
What You Need
If you want to add cellular to your Apple Watch, you’ll need to have an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later. You also need to be in a country or region where cellular service is available for your Apple Watch. You can check if cellular service is available in your area.
To set up cellular on your Apple Watch, you need to add a cellular plan from your carrier. If you’re setting up cellular for the first time, the process is a little different.
Set Up Cellular Data
If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, you can add a cellular plan from your carrier. This feature is available in select markets and through select carriers. Check with your carrier for details.
To set up cellular on your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
If you see a message that says “Setting up,” wait for the process to finish. Then, follow the instructions that appear on your iPhone. If you still need help, contact your carrier.
Connect to a Cellular Network
If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, you can add it to an existing cellular plan from your carrier. If you don’t have an existing plan, you can sign up for a new one.
To add your Apple Watch to an existing cellular plan, contact your carrier. You might need to provide the following information:
-Your name and address
-The mobile phone number that you want to use with your Apple Watch
-Your Apple Watch model
-Your billing information
-The last four digits of social security number or your date of birth
After you sign up for a plan, your carrier will activate your service and send you a PIN.
Use Apple Watch with Cellular
If your carrier offers cellular service for Apple Watch, you can sign up for a plan and add it to your existing iPhone service. If you don’t have an iPhone, you can set up a new plan when you activate your Apple Watch.
To add cellular to an existing iPhone plan, contact your carrier. If you’re setting up a new cellular plan, choose a carrier andö tap Continue. Then follow the instructions on your iPhone and watch.
Troubleshoot Cellular Data Issues
If you’re having trouble connecting to cellular data, here are a few things you can try:
1. Make sure that your cellular data plan is active and that you have sufficient coverage in your area.
2. Restart your iPhone and your Apple Watch. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
3. Force quit any apps that might be using cellular data, such as music streaming or video streaming apps. To force quit an app, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo. Then, go to the app that was using cellular data and try again.
4. Turn off Airplane Mode and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is turned on in Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
5. Reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings