If apple watch is frozen or unresponsive, you can try restarting it. This process is also called force restarting or hard resetting.
Checkout this video:
Locate the “Settings” app on apple watch
In order to restart your Apple Watch, you must first locate the “Settings” app. Once you have located the “Settings” app, tap on it to open. Then, scroll down and tap on the “General” option. Next, scroll down and tap on “Reset.” Finally, tap on “Restart.”
Tap the “General” option.
1. To restart your Apple Watch, tap the “General” option in the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap “Restart.”
3. You will see a confirmation message appear on the screen. Tap “Restart” again to confirm.
4. Your Apple Watch will power off and then back on again after a few seconds.
Scroll down and tap “Reset.”
If your Apple Watch needs a start you can restart it without having to unpair it from your iPhone. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider to the right to turn off your Apple Watch.
3. Once your Apple Watch is off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
If you want to sell your Apple Watch or give it to someone, you’ll need to follow these steps to erase everything first.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap “General.”
3. Scroll down and tap “Reset.”
4. Tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
5. Enter apple id password when prompted, then tap “Erase Everything.”
Enter apple id password when prompted.
If you can’t restart your Apple Watch, you may need to force restart it. A force restart won’t erase the content on your watch. You can force restart your Apple Watch if it’s unresponsive, frozen, or stuck on the Apple logo or a black screen.
To force restart your Apple Watch:
1. Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown at the same time for at least 10 seconds, then release when you see the Apple logo.
Tap “Erase Everything.”
If you can’t update or restore your Apple Watch using your iPhone, you can erase all of its content and settings. When you erase all data from your Apple Watch, it restarts and appears as new.
To erase all content and settings from your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
1. On your iPhone, open the watch app
2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
3. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you plan on keeping your cellular plan, tap Keep Plan. If you’re not sure and want to remove your cellular plan later, tap Remove Plan.
2. Enter apple id password when prompted, then tap Erase everything.