- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Add Credit or Debit Card. Use your iPhone’s camera to enter your card information or enter it manually.
- Tap Next. If you’re asked to add a cardholder’s name, do so.
- Confirm your billing address and tap Next.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Done.
Apple Pay is a quick and easy way to send and receive payments. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how use apple pay to pay someone.
Checkout this video:
Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
Open the Wallet app on your iPhone. If you don’t have Wallet, tap , then tap Edit and drag Wallet to your list of apps.
Tap the little Plus sign in the Wallet App.
Tap Continue, then agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Enter your card information or, if you’re using an iPhone that supports Apple Pay, hold your iPhone near the card reader to add your card. You might need to sign a form or verify your identity.
Tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner.
You use apple pay to send and request money from friends and family1 right in Messages. And you can use the money you receive to pay for things using Apple Pay in stores, in apps, and on the web.
To add money to your Apple Pay Cash balance, you need to set up Apple Pay first.
If you don’t have an iPhone 6 or later, or an iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, or later,2 you can use apple pay to make purchases in stores, within apps, and on websites in Safari.3 Just make sure that your iPhone or iPad has iOS 11 or later installed.
1. Open Messages and tap the Compose button to start a new message. Or go to an existing conversation.
2. Tap . If you don’t see , touch and hold .
3. Tap .4
4. Enter the amount you want to send or request.5 You can also tap Pay in person for larger amounts. If you’re not sure how much to ask for, tap Suggested Amounts before tapping Request . 5a. To cover fees so your friend or family member gets the full amount that you request: Choose Standard (others might pay a fee) or Instant (recipient might pay a fee). Or tap Fee Settings if Standard is turned on but Instant is available6 , then choose Standard or Instant here too 6a. Tap Done after making your selection—or wait for a few seconds for your choice to be applied automatically Otherwise: Choose Person to Person (P2P) so that no fees apply7 5b-7b: Wait for your friend or family member’s response before sending money 8: When you’re ready to send your payment, tap Pay , then confirm with Face ID*, Touch ID** 9 : After the payment is sent successfully*, you’ll see Done and a checkmark *On iPhone X or later **On iPhone 8 Plus or later
Tap Add Credit or Debit Card. Use your iPhone’s camera to enter your card information or enter it manually.
If you’re using iPhone X or later, double-click the Side button, then confirm that you want to open Apple Pay. Or if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier, triple-click the Home button.
iPhone: Open the Wallet app, tap , then follow the onscreen instructions.
iPad: Open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, then tap Add Credit or Debit Card. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Apple Watch: Open apple watch app on your iPhone, then tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap Add Credit or Debit Card and follow the onscreen instructions.
Tap Next. If you’re asked to add a cardholder’s name, do so.
On iPhone: Tap the Send button . If you have multiple Apple Pay devices, choose a device. If you’re asked to add a cardholder’s name, do so.
On iPad: Tap Next, then tap Use Touch ID or Enter Password. If you’re asked to add a cardholder’s name, do so. If you have multiple Apple Pay devices and can’t choose a device, double-click the Home button and hold the top of your screen until your app switcher appears, then swipe left or right to find the app that you want to use.
Confirm your billing address and tap Next.
Your default billing address from apple id account information is pre-selected. If you need to, enter a different billing address.
To complete the purchase, enter your Apple ID password and tap Buy. If you have Touch ID enabled for your Apple ID, place your finger on the Touch ID sensor.
Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
You will be redirected to a page within the app, where you will be asked to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Once you have read and agreed to the terms, tap Agree in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
You can Apple Pay someone using iMessage, or by asking Siri.
To pay someone using iMessage:
1. Open a message with the person that you want to Apple Pay.
2. Tap on the Apple Pay button . It’s either next to the text field or next to the App Store button, depending on your version of iOS.
3. Enter the amount that you want to send.
4. Tap Pay, then tap the send button .
If you have an iPhone 6 or later, you can also ask Siri to “Apple Pay someone.” Just say something like “Apple Pay John $25 for dinner.”