Learn how to get Apple TV on your TV and what you need to get started.
Checkout this video:
Getting started with your new Apple TV is easy. Just plug the power cord in and connect your Apple TV to your TV with an HDMI cable. If you have a 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision-supported television, connect your Apple TV 4K to that television with an appropriate HDMI cable.
Follow these steps to set up your new Apple TV:
Update your software: Choose Settings > System > Software Updates and install any available updates.
Set up your remote: Choose Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote and Devices. Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Siri Remote apple tv remote If you have an older model Apple TV, you’ll use the Apple Remote that came in the box.
Connect to Wi-Fi: Choose Settings > Network. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list that appears and enter its password. If you’re not sure what to do or see here, contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
Set up AirPlay: Choose Settings > AirPlay and choose how you want to use AirPlay.
Sign in with apple id Choose Settings > Users and Accounts > Accounts. Select Add an Account, then select Create apple id or Sign In with apple id If you don’t have icloud account or other Apple ID, create one now at appleid.apple.com/.
Enter your billing information: To buy or rent movies, music, or TV shows from the iTunes Store or subscribe to apps and channels, you need a valid payment method on file for your Apple ID. You can also add a payment method later from Settings > Users and Accounts > Accounts > Payment Methods.
What you need
To set up Apple TV, you need:
-An HDMI cable to connect Apple TV to your TV
-A broadband Internet connection
-A wireless network (if you want to watch content from your iOS device, computer, or Apple TV purchases)
Once you have everything you need, follow these steps:
1.Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the back of your Apple TV.
2.Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an available HDMI port on your television.
3.If you’re using a wireless network, select your Wi-Fi network from the list. If you’re using a wired network, select “Settings” from the main menu, then “Network.” Select ” Wired Network ” from the list of options.
4.Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network, if prompted.
5.After your Apple TV finishes connecting to your Wi-Fi network and updates its software (if necessary), you can begin using it.
Set up your Apple TV
If you have an older TV, you may need an adapter to connect Apple TV.
1. Plug in your Apple TV and power it on. If you have an older TV, you may need an adapter to connect Apple TV.
2. Use an HDMI cable to connect Apple TV to your television.
3. Select your language and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
4. Set up your remote. If you have an iPhone, iPad, ipod touch you can use it as a remote for Apple TV. Just download the free Remote app from the App Store and follow the instructions on your device.
Connect your Apple TV to your TV
1. Using an HDMI cable, connect your Apple TV to your television. If you need to, switch your TV’s input to the one with the HDMI cable.
2. Plug your Apple TV into power using the included power cord and plug it into an available outlet.
3. On your Apple TV remote, press and hold down the Menu button and the Volume Up button at the same time until the light on your Apple TV flashes. This might take a few seconds. While still holding down both buttons, point your remote at your Apple TV.
4. On your television, you should see a four-digit code appear. Enter this code on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac using the Remote app.* If you don’t have a device that can run the Remote app, you can try using another iOS device or an infrared (IR) blaster (sold separately). Just hold down the Menu button and volume up button on that device instead of your Apple TV remote while pointing it at your Apple TV unit until you see the four-digit code appear onscreen.
5. After you enter the code, press Done on your device and then select Done again on your television to complete pairing.* If you don’t see a four-digit code appear onscreen after a minute or so, check that you’re holding down both buttons for at least three seconds—the time it takes for the pairing process to begin—and that there’s nothing blocking Ire from reaching your Apple TV unit ( infrared receiver).
Enjoy your Apple TV
Now that you’ve set up your Apple TV, it’s time start enjoying it! You can use your Apple TV to watch movies, TV shows, and music videos; play games; and browse the Internet.
To watch movies, TV shows, and music videos:
Open the Videos app.
Browse the featured videos, or search for something specific.
To play games:
Open the App Store.
Browse the featured games, or search for something specific.
To browse the Internet: